- A furrier can repair any tear or hole. Alex Petersen has its own workroom, carrying out repairs, redesigns, change and the sewing of new furs.
- Have your fur cleaned regularly by a fur dry cleaner. Alex Petersen has a direct contact to a dry-cleaner, which specializes in furs.
- When the winter season ends, your fur needs to be put in storage over the summer. Alex Petersen has its own high-tech cold storage facility where you can have the coat stored over the summer.
- Keep your fur away from fireplaces and radiators, since direct heat will cause the leather to dry out and possibly crack
- If your fur becomes wet, then hang your fur to dry in a cool, well-ventilated room. Never hang the coat in the cloakroom before it is completely dry.
- Do not comb or brush your fur, shaking the coat when it is hanging on the hanger. With this method, the hairs fall natural again.
- Use a broad-shouldered hanger and make sure there is space around the coat when it is hanging in the wardrobe.
- Never store your fur in a plastic bag. Alex Petersen has specially made garment bags for example when transporting.
If you are unsure or have any questions regarding maintenance and care of your fur, feel free to call us for advice and guidance.
Alex Petersen wish you good luck with your new fur coat!